Recover v15 image using v16 "compact" - doable?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Zole, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Zole

Zole Registered Member

I recently upgraded to v16 of Drive Backup Home and did not make a disk image but did make recovery media (Backup and Recovery Compact). My computer is not having the BSOD and I need to recover the drive from a disk image made in v15. From Backup and Recovery Compact, I assume "Select the archive to restore" is where I would try to locate the disk image i want to use to recover the drive? From that screen I do not see the drive that contains the v15 disk image. Under MyBackups it says "no backups were found". Under "My Computer" it show the external hard drive that contains the disk image from v15.

Can I use my v15 image with v16 Backup and Recovery Compact?

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Is the external HD a USB 3.0 drive? If it is and the USB port isn't on the mother board you'd need the latest WADK installed to create your boot recovery media for built in USB 3.0 drivers.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  3. Zole

Zole Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. It is a USB 3 drive. I doubt I can install WADK with the current state of the computer. If I use a USB 2 drive and move the disk image to that, would I then be able to recover the drive?

My 3.0 drive does show in the recovery software but it is on a tab called "my computer" (not to be confused with Windows My Computer).

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I use HDM15S so I can't speak for the product you are using but if you see the drive on one tab but not another that would be odd. Yes, I thought that you meant Windows My Computer!!

5. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

BR16 only works with backup pvhd-type. If an old backup is pbf, BR16 will not see it.
    On "My backups" tab displays only the backups created in this program. In the case of booting from an Recovery Media - only backups created in this session. Internal drives are displayed on the tab "Local volumes".
    IMHO, BR15 preferable (so far) than the BR16. But BR16 probably must be frequently updated, develop. Current build 10.1.28.101_002 disappeared prefix "Compact" for Recovery Media.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.