Reco's for a good Sonicwall forum?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dan_maran, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I seem to have a question no one wants to answer anywhere else, so does anyone here at Wilders know a good and ACTIVE forum for Sonicwall questions/support?

2. Templar

Templar Registered Member

3. dan_maran

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    That's the only one I know of, ...or submit a troubleticket using your login with their support, they answer pretty quick.

5. dan_maran

Problem with that site is that I can't create a login because at my current job we have a contract with a company, who will remain nameless, that registered our box and "maintains" it. More like they tell us when we owe them more money. So, I cannot create a login account with Sonicwall and the "Support" company charges $125/hour and will charge for even a call.

I never knew the Sonicwall community was so small...

I just need to find out why the application firewall isn't blocking requests to certain websites like it is supposed to. I even used the Wizard from the interface and the license is still good until June. This thing is such a pain in the arse.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Ugh...you're held prisoner by some middle service company? Every Sonicwall I've done for my clients, I setup their account with Sonicwall using one of my clients e-mail addresses..and my main contact at my client gets those credentials.

Hmmm..license good until June...there's your "get out of jail free" card. ;)
    Renew support with Sonicwall via your company directly in June.

And, yeah..their support is generally expensive, and often a pain in the butt. Great hardware, but expensive to maintain..yearly. I'm not doing any more Sonicwalls...I've moved most of my clients to Untangle as time/budget allows.

7. dan_maran

Yeah it's a real pain. All part of the fun mess I walked into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.