Recommended Settings for PG 3.0

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by richrf, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

I thought it might be a good idea to possibly create a thread which contains some recommendations for PG 3.0 settings. I noticed one thread for NOD32. This may be a more orderly way to document these settings for future PG 3.0 pruchasers. For me this process is a little overwhelming. The software that I have running in the background or possibly on demand that I would be interested in for comments are:

PG 3.0
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    BOClean
    Ewido
    Giant Anti-Software
    NOD32
    KAV 4.5.104
    TDS-3
    TrojanHunter
    Ad-aware
    Spybot
    Port Explorer
    Windows Task Manager
    TaskMan

I am sure others will additional requests, but these seem to be some of the more popular ones such as other AVs, SSM, Prevx, etc.

Any advice, discussion or suggestions would be appreciated by myself and I am sure many other users and potential buyers.

Rich

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi I'll kick off with a few :) Both KAV & ZA have kernel level protection so I would not worry too much about them though you can Switch ZA's guard off and allow PG to do it if you wish :)

PG 3.0 See my tip here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=20348 Post 12

ZoneAlarm Pro See note above

KAV 4.5.104 Default settings and see note above

TDS-3 Default settings + SMH using the Insert key on the menu exit and X

Port Explorer Default settings + SMH if required you feel insecure :)

Windows Task Manager: I use Process Explorer with Install drivers and termination + SMH

3. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

hi Pilli, would you mind elaborating on why Process Explorer (I use that too-- excellent tool!) needs "install drivers" privs? thanks

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi LuckMan212, Process Explorer uses a service or driver to show certain information such as the .dll or handles view. If you do not allow it you will not see the list, at least in my experience.

Cheers. Pilli :)

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Great stuff Pilli. Thanks a lot. Helps me move to the full version of PG with more confidence. Thanks a lot.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.