Recommendation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Titanic, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic

Titanic Registered Member

I have now finished my trial with Eset Antivirus and Antispyware Nod 32.
    I am going to buy the product but is it worth moving up to the Eset Smart package. The difference in cost is nothing but not having tried the smart one does it operate differently. I have just read a thread about it slowing someones PC down and whilst I accept that can be caused by a number of problems I had a very bad experience with PC Doctor a while ago and do not want any slowing of my PC. ANy help or advice would be appreciated . Just for the info I had AVG installed before which alerted me to a virus then politely let it through with its rootkit and Trojan . It took me two days get my sytem back together . Eset was the only program that would install with the memory based virus running, AVG would not run and it refused to do a full re-install while the virus was there. I contacted AVG and was told it was rare event but most virus engines would not have protected me .

2. gonzo3000

gonzo3000 Registered Member

Why not simply install ESS and see whether it meets your criteria? From personal experience I can say it does not slow down computer and that any Internet Security you install you will always want to go back to this program.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESS is actually EAV + firewall and antispam so basically there should be no difference in terms of performance. You can apply for a 30-day trial ESS license here and try it out before you purchase it.

4. Titanic

Thanks Marcos
    I am in the process of downloading ESS and if it performs fine will purchase it.
    Again many thanks

5. Titanic

Well that was the quickest thirty day trial I have ever received it lasted a day
    I had previously used AV Nod 32 for the month and as suggested downloaded and installed Eset SMart hoping to give that a go to see if it had any performance issues on my system. It now seems I find myself with a quick decision to make as I said it will be either one and it would have been nice to have a few more days to check out the dearer smart product

6. PatG

PatG Registered Member

For what its worth: Have had ESET installed on both of my computers, XP SP3, for over 3 years and haven't incurred the first problem yet. Program has been dependable guarding my machines, does the updates automatically and am satisfied with its performance. One thing worth mentioning; before installing any s/w that the individual is kinda/sorta leery about ALWAYS make an image before installing said s/w. Then is something goes wrong, all you have to do is restore the image and you're back to the way you were. Works for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.