Recommendation for Silent but effective combo?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by anoose, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ok kids play nice or go to your room.:DEverybody has there own likes and dislikes thats what makes the forum good.I think its safe to say everyone has control of there own machines in different ways.My security is not better then the next guys security,its just what is best for me at this time.We all have at least one thing in common and that is to keep the nasties away and our family's safe from the scum bags.

2. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

If you are not the weakest link in regards to Security and have Supernatural Intuition and Control, then why is your
    Computer Infested with an Overkill of Security Software?

All that Hungary Man is stating implicitly is that All Human Beings are the weakest link in regards to making Security
    Decisions Comparative to Artificial Intelligence.....and I agree Onehundred Percent.

Back on Topic:
    Post #2 by kjdemuth suggests the best Silent Effective Combo for those not in favor of Microsoft Security Essentials.

HKEY1952

3. moontan

moontan Registered Member

it would seem to me you are pretty well covered.
    just an on-demand scanner and it should be good to go.

4. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It's always easier to believe personal experiences over long papers describing the huge studies.

Not really. As I said safe browsing etc is fine. Exerting common sense will save you plenty of times, maybe every time. But users are far too variable and can't analyze or perform the way a program can.

But if you want to drop it that's fine.

EDIT: Just to be clear this is what I'm saying:
    1) For the average user any security program that relies on user prompts is virtually useless.

2) If a file is on your system you probably put it there. If you put a file on your system you probably thought it was legit.

3) Users can protect themselves via user prompting software but they have to make up for that with analyzing the malware for themselves based on common sense.

3a) Common sense is vague at best. There are a million situations in which someone might just be too tempted, or tired, or overworked, or simply not thinking straight and they make a slip up. Software doesn't suffer from those issues - it either works or it doesn't, there aren't a hell of a lot of variables.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

How do I have an overkill of security software? I think you need to get your eyes checked.

I doubt my past browsing was considered safe. Actually I would say my security sense saved me not common sense as I've seen that fail many users.

Its not about it being easier to believe. Its just I don't need MS or Google analytical data to tell me about something I've dealt with frequently.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.