Recieve BSOD: STOP 0x00000050 PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by zonemaster60, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zonemaster60

zonemaster60 Registered Member

Has anyone else had BSOD's with RVS 2010 installed? I need to know this in order to figure out whether it's just ME or someone else has had a similar problem.

I KNOW now that it is a compatibility issue with another program (most likely my anti-virus program) mainly The Shield Deluxe 2009

The BSOD is: STOP 0x00000050 PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA. From what I have read this error is when a program tries to access an area of memory that is protected causing a critical access denied condition, therefore the BSOD. This error 90% of the time usually refers to a damaged memory stick and/or corrupted memory.

However, when uninstalling RVS 2010 I have not received this error at all for over 24 hours. When it was installed I was receiving this error about once every hour. Note: RVS 2008 Premium does NOT cause this error condition since it was running flawlessly on my system for 3 or 4 months. Although a memory test would be the next step I would have taken I didn't, since I honestly think that test would yield "0" results.

Some of my system info follows:

Memory: 4.5 gigs
    Video: NVIDIA 9400 GT 1 gig
    Directx 9.0c and 10.1

All windows and peripheral drivers are up to date. In conclusion the probable and most likely cause of the BSOD (in my case) would be the integration of the Virus Guard module. Apparently it has more than one problem associated with it's implementation. Perhaps a choice at install to have it added to the installation or not. Many users already have some form of anti-virus program already installed and running on their system(s).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  2. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi, zonemaster60

you're not the only one who get's a BSOD though I'm sorry to say I can't be of any help. I get one too whenever I try and install RVS 2010.

It says: 'Driver unloaded without canceling pending operations' and that the error was caused by 'rvsmon.sys' so it looks like some interaction between rvsmon.sys and a driver though I can't be sure.

I don't get a bsod if i uninstall all other security programs before installing RVS 2010 (though still get 50% of cpu constantly being used by rvsmon.exe)

I managed to debug the minidump and have attatched it here incase someone can make sense of it.

I had no problems with RVS 2008 and none of this kind with the RVS2010 beta I was using.

Attached Files:

3. DennisD

DennisD Registered Member

4. zonemaster60

Actually I don't get the BSOD until AFTER it is fully installed and I do a reboot. Then about 1/2 hour to an hour later then I get them, sometimes even sooner. They have added so many new features in RVS 2010, I couldn't begin to tell you which one could be causing the problem. (most likely the AV module) It could also be a combination of 1 or more features my system just doesn't like.

Hmm, I was also wondering out of curiosity why wasn't there a RVS 2009? Did they skip a year on purpose?

I never had troubles with RVS 2008 either and that's REALLY odd that the beta version wasn't causing BSOD's but the release version is?

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi zonemaster60,
    To test this theory, turn the real-time protection off in the Virus Guard and let me know if the issue remains.

RVS Labs was/is is the equivalent of RVS 2009. No "skip", just used as a way to develop, test, and refine various upgrades features for the new virtualization engine scheduled for the 3.1 series.

Mike

6. zonemaster60

as far as that private message you sent me Coldmoon, let me get back to you on that. I have to reinstall RVS 2010, and I'm pretty busy today but I can get that straightened out tomorrow and let you know for sure.

Thanks.

7. zonemaster60

LOL this is beginning to turn into a novel. Well anyway the STOP 0x50 BSOD WAS caused by the Shield Deluxe 2009.

As a matter of fact my WHOLE system runs much faster now without it...lol. Before when trying to logoff it took about 2 minutes and resulted with a BSOD. Now it takes about 5 seconds and POOF I have a logon screen again, amazing isn't it?

Unfortunately I paid for a year subscription to that program and cannot get my money back.

I'm going to reinstall ESET NOD32 AV v4.0 and see if that works any better. I still have a valid license for that as well. I might end up keeping this one in the long run.

Umm scratch the NOD32 reinstall, I remember having http protocol problems with it before. I'm just going to install the free version of Avast which I know works fairly well with just about everything.

I can''t say that I recommend to many 'pay for' AV programs as I have tried quite a few and none of them have really impressed me much. Funny how the free AV programs usually work best all around.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  8. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    Thanks for the followup on this. I can't help with SD and OA, but you might try the OA forum to see if anyone was having a conflict with the two installed.

Mike

9. zonemaster60

LOL, I ought to do that just for the heck of it. I'll try the SD 2009 forums since that bugger is on the top of my "OH NO! don't ever think of buying that again" list.

Be that as it may I don't really want to take the time and try and troubleshoot someone elses program that in my opinion should have been tested thoroughly to begin with, at least with AV's. They are a dime a dozen. Now even MS has their version of a 'free' AV product called Microsoft Security Essentials? WTH is that? LOL. You really have to get out there and check out several till you find the one that best suits you. Like I said I have tried a bunch of free ones and unfortunately paid for a few in my time, which also includes a few paid and free firewall programs as well.

So far Avast and OA run flawlessly together. I will get on installing RVS 2010 again tomorrow, since I am beat but quite happy that at least I figured out the 'logoff BSOD'. That actually takes a load of my mind that I have one less problem to deal with.

I kinda deleted a couple of my previous posts since they were pretty much irrelevant and not needed actually. SD 2009 doesnt actually have a forum that I know of. I emailed support to see if they have forums that I don't know about. Now OA has got forums I have already been to them so that's a place I'll go for now.

Peace

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.