Recently announced great smartphones- choice

Discussion in 'hardware' started by aigle, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Recently some great smartphones have been announced, Motorolla Droid family and Nokia Lumia family.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...XX-HD-vs-Droid-RAZR-M-spec-comparison_id34126

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_world-review-808.php

I have been looking for a smart phone to buy in near future. I like iPhone aesthetics but hate the software restrictions, so that is not an option.

I have come down to three choices lastly:

Nokia Lumia win 8 devices( 920 and 820) - nice design, you have to option to choose a cheaper device, a new exciting platform that seem good at the moment. I like the design or 920 more but the price of 820 is very attractive also.

Droid Razr Maxx HD or Samsung Galaxy 3 - if I go for Android. O love the long battery life( very imp I think as the battery of my current phone really really annoying, it always get drained to zero when i really need it), great screen and hardware of this Razr although to me its size is a bit bigger for single handed operation and i really don,t like much the design. Galaxy 3 is samsung,s flagship device, very popular, look a great device also but again the design is not so appealing to me and battery life and screen is inferior to Razr.

Ultimately I think the deciding factor will be the OS. I will try the windows OS. Android is quiet mature now but I think it,s still far behind iOS in aesthetics. If I liked the windows phone 8 OS, if I felt it mature, smooth and beautiful I wil probably go with one of lumias, otherwise I will choose Droid Razr Maxx HD.

Any member here who is planning to get one? What are your thoughts on these phones? I will be interested to read different views.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Motorlola phones - both old models and more recently with the Android powered Defy. I know of several others who have been unhappy with their Motorola Android phones.

I purchased the Defy because of it being somewhat rugged, despite not liking Motorola phones. I'm much happier with my cheap Chinese Android phone.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmm... it,s second time I am reading on forums some one complaining about Moto phones. Is it really true?

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I found with some of the older Motorla phones, they had charging issues - sometimes when you plugged the charger in you would get an error message saying the phone couldn't charge, and you would have to unplug the charger and try again until it worked.

With my Defy, I had problems with it freezing and rebooting, and I know other Motorola owners who had the same problems.

5. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

I think the cheapest of them all is (or it will be) 450 euro here in Italy. None worth the price.

6. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Even i am waiting to buy a new phone and i would advice to wait for the nexus phone(s) to launch before making a choice
    Secondly i have not owned a moto phone yet but since they are Google's property things will be lot different then the past
    Also imo Samsung Ativ S > Lumia920

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So time to wait. They are costly IMO and I wish we could get them on much lower prices.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

LG are kinda crappy software wise. (According to most reviews)
    But the latest LG Optimus G will be a beast hardware wise. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.