Rebooting problem with TI9.1 w/Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andysan, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andysan

andysan Registered Member

Hello,

I am having a problem when using True Image 9.1 for Windows with Universal Restore. I am booting from a CD rom and choosing the full version of TI9 with universal restore. When I am restroing a whole disk backup image and get to the point where it ask if I want to delete the existing partitions from the target drive. The next screen usually ask if I want to use Universal restore, but instead the system restarts everytime.

However, when I choose to use only the full version of True Image. The recovery process continues normally. I need to use the universal restore option because I am restoring from a physical computer to a virtual machine.

Thanks,

Anderson

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Anderson,

I can help you with this problem. You need to use a BartPE iso instead of the Acronis Recovery CD to boot the VM.

Visit my website for the plugins you will need. My TIW9.1 plugin has Universal Restore support. If you use VMWare, download my VMWare Tools plugin. If you use VPC2004, download my VMAdditions plugin. Things should work much better this way.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello andysan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that this behavior of Acronis True Image Bootable CD is related to the old builds (3718 and lower).

I, therefore, would recommend that you download the latest build (3854) of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image that contains the fix. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also be aware that in case of using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.