reboot in middle of image creation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by itye, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itye

itye Registered Member

Using the boot cd Im trying to create an image of a partition of one of my hard disks, however near the end with about 5 mins remainig PC reboots ?

A) Im trying to save the image onto another partition on the same drive ...this shouldnt be a proble though should it ?

Also as a test I cloned the same partition used above to another physical drive and it was OK..no reboot!

However when I tried to clone a partion of another physical disk onto the partiton described in A above it rebooterd again!!

Im baffled!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello itye,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I couldn't quite get how you cloned a single partition using Acronis True Image? Acronis True Image allows you to clone only the whole hard drive to another hard drive. According to your description there is a problem with the particular partition where you want to store the image to. Could you please describe whether you get BSOD before the reboot? Do you get any error messages?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. itye

itye Registered Member

Hi Thanks for your message, no blue screen of death, I am using the BOOTCD and do not go into windows do do the imaging.

no error messages at all just reboots, I though you True image allows you to clone a partition on the hard disk ?

4. Acronis Support

Hello itye,

Acronis True Image allows you to clone the whole disk to another whole disk only. To clone a single partition you may create the image of it and then restore it to the target drive.

Could you please let me know what build of Acronis True Image you used to create Acronis Bootable CD? Does the same error persists when you create the image under Windows?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. itye

itye Registered Member

Sorry , Im using True Image8, havent tried it through windows,

ALso I am creating an image of the partition not cloning...sorry i explained it wrong earlier

6. Acronis Support

Hello itye,

So did I get it right that the problem is only when you are trying to create the image of any partition and store it to the particular partition on the drive? Please let me know whether you get any problems doing the same thing under Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Matt762

Matt762 Guest

I had the same problem but I was creating an image using the program, not from booting from the cd.

I resolved it by stopping certain programs from running the msconfig utility. I'm not sure which program was causing the problem, but I suspect it might have been Webroot Spy Sweeper.

Anyway I hope this helps. This was very frustrating for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.