Realtime-Spy infection

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by frogfoot, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

Hi, last Friday I discovered that I had been indected with the Realtime-Spy keylogger, Sophos AV failed to notice it and my Agnitum Outpost firewall notified me that SVCHOSt was trying to connect to a suspicious server. My question is does TDS3 detect this type of malware (I have just bought a licence for TDS3 and Process guard as a result of this incident.) but I am unsure if TDS3 will protect me in the future?
    Thanks for any feedback
    Tom

2. pglover

pglover Guest

Did you try to put in PG in place to defeat such suckers?
    :)

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

We would appreciate a sample of the file trying to connect out - good reason for a firewall and yes pglover good reason to protect the firewall and apps with firewall access ;)

Commercial programs sometimes aren't detected for legal reasons, or because we dont have a copy of them. This is usually why attackers like using them. Its a real problem and since one layer of security often cant detect them - antivirus and other scanners, you need to rely on other layers (firewall, PG etc)

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi frogfoot, By all means check with TDS3 and every other scanner that you can including on line scans and anti spyware programs before attempting to install Process Guard, it is VERY important that your machine is malware free i.e Clean, before installing.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.