Realtime Scanner on Server slowing network access

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by elessar, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elessar

elessar Registered Member

I have just installed NOD32 v4 Business Edition on to my network and it is now taking forever to open any files on my server from a client machine. I have discovered this is the realtime scanner on the server and I have to uncheck the Scan On: File Open, File Creation and File Execution checkboxes in Real-time system protection. This effectively defeats the whole purpose of the software.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

I have tried excluding the entire Windows folder on the server and it makes no difference.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    have you been using default settings? What Windows and SP are installed on the server? What platform (32 or 64-bit)?

3. elessar

I started with default settings originally. Server is Win 2003 SP2 (32-bit).

I have since disabled real-time scanning of network drives on the server as well as the "Scan On" checkboxes that I mentioned.

Clients are XP SP3 and SP2. I am in the process of installing NOD32 on the clients and I think once I install the software it can access the server ok with the server real-time scanner on the server turned on. This shouldn't make a difference thought, should it?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

PM sent, let me know about the results please.

5. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Uninstall v4 from the server and install latest v3...

Be sure to add ALL MS recommended exclusions.

v4 has known issues with ALL MS Server editions, and has had for some time... see numerous previous threads here...

It would be nice if ESET could fix this.

6. elessar

Yeah, I already did this - thanks. So far no probs with v3. Seems like there is a major issue with v4 on Microsoft Server systems.

7. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

This isn't something you probably want to hear but...

I've got v4.0.473 running on 21 (twenty-one) servers with MS Server OS's (Windows 2000, Windows 2003, and Windows 2008 ) and they all run fine, you just have to spend the time to configure it properly (MS's sugggested exclusions for various files/folders for Windows Server itself as well as Exchange server, etc.) -- I use the same configuration on all my servers, and it works good, and has since back when they were running 3.X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.