RealPlayer Labeled 'Badware'

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Anyone who's been around software long enough knows RealPlayer's history of problems...

Real Player has been at this trend of abusive software for years, nothing new with them, same ole same ole...

Realplayer has always been badware and they continue to be... :thumbd:

3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Thats why I use K-Lite codec package with the RP and QT alternative players included. I never cared much for the bloat of each plus the fact that QT wants you to install Itunes on every update :thumbd:

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

My old computer..a dell..had both quick time and Real Player pre-installed, as soon as I found out that Real Player was loaded with spyware I deleted it. Quick Time was a little harder to get rid of, I got all of it out except the icon in the control panel. It turned out to be a .cpl file in C:\Windows\System32, I was picking leftover files out of the registry for 2 months.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

realplayer has never been good from Day one to present.

6. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Real Player is an advertising campaign in cinemas in Australia. Advertisement looks great but you won't catch me using it lol!

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I also have RealPlayer and Quicktime included on a PC that was pre-installed. Most PC users tend to media oriented so you would expect programs geared towards that facet would be included. I remember when the PCs before the Internet became so widespread only used Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Database programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.