Real Time Temp File Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brocke, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Im thinking of writing a program that in real time detects temp files and removes them to the recyling bin until you remove them fully.

would anyone find this useful here?

2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I would...

As long as it wasn't a resource hog

3. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

it would use about at idle 10mb im guessing and when it would do a quick scan of ur system about im thinking it would jump to 25mb and release the memory.

now im guessing at those numbers could be lower. ill be releasing in the coming week a beta for people to help test.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi Brocke

It "could" be Very worthwhile, if you included the option to disable the function. This is because, installing Apps etc often requires Temp files to be allowed.

Regards

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

well noted thank you as i didnt think of that and man glad you bought that up lol ;)

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Brocke

Pleasure :) Looking forward to testing it :thumb:

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I really don't see the need for such a program. Firstly, there is absolutely no need to keep your computer continually clean of temp files. Secondy, and more importantly temp files are usually needed for a period of time - so they sohlud not be cleaned as soon as they are created.

There already is such functionality in Final Uninstaller, but I have never used that feature.

8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

well it really wouldnt be real time but more of set time to check and delete. ull be able to select what you want to delete.

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

A better option maybe would be for it to be scheduled to run occasionally and to skip deleting the most recently created temp files.

I guess that some people want temp files cleaned reguarly for privacy reasons. But in terms of deleting temp files to remove clutter and increase disk space I think there should be no reason to perform a clean more than once a week at the very most.

10. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Methinks the not created or modified recently logic might be helpful and also some to avoid deleting temp files that might be needed by yet to be executed post-reboot installer completion. Since some want to delete temp files and others want to wipe temp files you might consider ways to support the user's choice of cleanup tool.

Can we make this even more complicated?

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

that is where install mode would have to be turned on and then shutoff.

you will be able to schedule the time also. people might find it useful others not but it will be really simple to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.