Real Spy Monitor

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by henryg, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henryg

henryg Registered Member

It looks like a "FALSE POSITIVE" to me.
    I'm trying to install a program called: Real Spy Monitor, to monitor my 13 year old son's computer activity. Their website is: http://www.loadtrend.com/realspy/

Unfortunately, NOD32 will not let me install it so that it could function properly.. It keeps telling me: "Threat Win32/Spy.KBMan.C trojan".
    I need to find a way to install this program.... I've tried adding things to the "Exclusions" section under AMON, however, no luck. I've also sent a report to the ESET team. Perhaps one of you might have an advice?

Thank You,

Henry

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Well , since you have already written to ESET , you will get the best advice from their staff :) Generally speaking , if it is false positive they will shortly correct the mistake , however , if it turns real threat , I strongly recommend you leave away this software , I mean leave Real Spy Monitor

3. henryg

henryg Registered Member

HiTech_boy,

ESET has responded back by advising me to "un-check" a couple of things in NOD32. Unfortunately, that did not work. I'm waiting to hear from them again.
    Real Spy Monitor is a legitimate software. It doesn't present a threat as far as a "real" Trojan goes.... why should I stop using it?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

I have done some research about your problem . It is detected as a threat by lots of popular and not so popular vendors such as A-Squared , Avira , DrWeb , F-Secure , NOD32/ESET , McAfee , Symantec ...

Although it may have a legitimate use , you may not wish to use it . ESET may be of more help if you really wish to exclude it. Since you have already contacted Support , you'd better continue with them , not necessary to have duplicate help

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Such a kind of aplications can be with no doubt considered dual use tool. Did you try to exclude it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.