Real Spy Monitor

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by henryg, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henryg

henryg Registered Member

It looks like a "FALSE POSITIVE" to me.
    I'm trying to install a program called: Real Spy Monitor, to monitor my 13 year old son's computer activity. Their website is: http://www.loadtrend.com/realspy/

Unfortunately, NOD32 will not let me install it so that it could function properly.. It keeps telling me: "Threat Win32/Spy.KBMan.C trojan".
    I need to find a way to install this program.... I've tried adding things to the "Exclusions" section under AMON, however, no luck. I've also sent a report to the ESET team. Perhaps one of you might have an advice?

Thank You,

Henry

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Well , since you have already written to ESET , you will get the best advice from their staff :) Generally speaking , if it is false positive they will shortly correct the mistake , however , if it turns real threat , I strongly recommend you leave away this software , I mean leave Real Spy Monitor

3. henryg

henryg Registered Member

HiTech_boy,

ESET has responded back by advising me to "un-check" a couple of things in NOD32. Unfortunately, that did not work. I'm waiting to hear from them again.
    Real Spy Monitor is a legitimate software. It doesn't present a threat as far as a "real" Trojan goes.... why should I stop using it?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

I have done some research about your problem . It is detected as a threat by lots of popular and not so popular vendors such as A-Squared , Avira , DrWeb , F-Secure , NOD32/ESET , McAfee , Symantec ...

Although it may have a legitimate use , you may not wish to use it . ESET may be of more help if you really wish to exclude it. Since you have already contacted Support , you'd better continue with them , not necessary to have duplicate help

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Such a kind of aplications can be with no doubt considered dual use tool. Did you try to exclude it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.