REAL Alternative v1.23 compatibility with WIN 98SE

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dr.Phil, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Registered Member

Any help greatly appreciated. I have WIN98 SE with 64mb RAM and pentiumII. I use QuintessentialPlayer 4.51 for a default media player. I deleted all of RealPlayer and attendant advertising, and would like to listen to streaming radio without inviting the advertising onto my system. Many stations use only RealPlayer or WMP, which has also been like flypaper for advertising.
    The download site from PCWorld indicates compatibility with only WIN2000 & XP. Is there any way this could work on my present system for streaming audio? I searched everywhere, and found a 1.30 version claiming to be RealAlternative and to be usable on every WIN system, but found very mixed reviews, and I'm not sure if this is a ploy aimed at the unwary from the product I am avoiding.
    Thanks for your help with this, everyone.
    --Phil

2. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

I didn't understand exactly but you ask if Real Alternative is working with Win98 ? Yes its working , anyway you can listen to a lot of free radio stations using Winamp player without needing Real stuff .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.