Ready to try, not clear on ATI

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by divedog, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I have the trial version downloaded and I am about ready to give it a go. Am I ok to leave ATI version 8 build 937 installed when I install FDISR? Are there any tricks to restoring an image using ATI with FDISR installed? I am currently running Shadow surfer, I am going to uninstall it prior to installing FDISR. I am on windows XP with a 80gb Raptor HD that currently has 15gb used.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Divedog

As a precaution when you image, just disable preboot. If I were you I'd take an ATI image after installing FDISR. Then I'd just build any other snapshots, and a backup archive on an external drive. Really quick to refresh that. Also be aware, then when you restore, you might not see FDISR's preboot the first time. Just let the system boot all the way, and then turn on preboot option, and reboot, and all should be well.

Pete

3. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Thanx for the reply. I have it installed and everything seems to be working well. It looks like I have alot of reading to do. I image to a second internal hard drive.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yep Read and reread the FDISR manual, and the come here and ask questions to your hearts content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.