Re: System Safety Monitor opinions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AlbatroS, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlbatroS

AlbatroS Registered Member

What do ALL of you think of System Safety Monitor?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2005
  2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I tried testing System Safety Monitor, but it was too unstable on my system so I had to take it off. This was about three months ago. At the time, I found ProcessGuard for more stable and I also like DiamondCS's support - which is important with a product like this.

Subsequently, I installed RegDefend, which behaves very nicely with ProcessGuard. For additional protection, I have Prevx running now. This has been a pleasent surprise, since I initially had lots of problems with Prevx several months ago. I like Prevx because it protects system files. This means if I mess up and give PG permission to a program, I still have a chance to correct an error if RegDefend or Prevx detect some funny going-ons. I like the fact that all of these programs get along with each other and with KAV. I did not have similar experiences with SSM, but things may have changed.

Rich

3. wolfpack

wolfpack Guest

The latest version of SSM causes system freeze ups for me, where the only thing I can do is a hard reboot to get out of. But I think it may be due to my using Prevx at the same time.....possibly. Then again SSM could just be buggy.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey AlbatroS,

I have taken the liberty to create a thread concerning your question in order to keep the thread from wince your post came from stays on topic.

Please continue here with your questions concerning SSM.

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.