re: Online virus scanners

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Beefcarver, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

I have a virus java Open stream cant get rid of it. did Online scans with Panda, kaspersky, computer associates, bit defender, housecall, F secure. all find it but fail to remove it. Also 2 strange files on my computer that says its there but when I look they are gone. c://windows/downloaded program files/conflict 1.quarantined.ocx and conflict 2.ocx Avast dont find nothing says clean.
    uninstalled avast. tried install of nod32 came back clean. confussedo_O?
    cleaned all remaining files of avast then reinstalled avast. When scanning with a2 free it says avast and other malewares found but dont say what it iso_O

2. Beefcarver

Im using sun java. It seems to be exploiting the jpi_cache/1.0..
    do I need the 1.0 ?
    I have all these j2re 1.41_02 j2re 1.41_07 j2re 1.41_09 j2re1.41_04 and
    jre1.50_04 I just deleted some contents of 1.0

3. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

I deleted all but 1.50_04 on my computer and so far so good. ive been told that the only reason they dont remove the older versions when installing the new is because some applications still use them, but eventually they nearly all move to the latest version. I was told by the folks at java that it is ok to uninstall previous versions, so theres probably no reason to keep most of those installed on your PC.

4. Beefcarver

ok thankyou for your reply. Waiting for an Expert to come along to confirm that is ok to delete everything but the 1.50_04 I dont want to mess my java up.
    trying Blackspears cleaning instuctions in safe mode. Running stinger.

5. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

good luck getting that taken care of, but even if you are successful I would still delete all the old versions of java. I emailed Java, and they told me that it was OK to do so when upgrading, and that's why I am passing this along. But if you have any questions or doubts you can email Java's technical and customer support and ask them yourself.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try Ewido trial version.

7. Beefcarver

Im running windows 98 sE that wont work in my platform of OS. Ewido

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Have you tried setting your comp to show hidden files and see if you can find it then?

9. Beefcarver

ooops sorry so many posts. Im using netscape too and the 1.41_02 was included in the setup of the browser. Therfore I think I need that for java to function properly. but im not for sure.

10. Beefcarver

no i didnt. I need to rescan with housecall or something because I deleted some of the contents of the 1.0 and think I deleted the infected files because I saw something like classloader or something. so the virus might be gone but want to make sure it is.

11. Beefcarver

The virus is gone now all scans come up clean thanks for the help.
    you can close this for now.

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

How did you finally verify it's gone?

13. Beefcarver

I assume it is I reran numrous Online scans and all come up clean. deleted contents of jpi_cache 1.0 and ran stinger in safe mode and other cleaning tips from blackspear. so I think its gone as far as I can tell. can you give email address for the java support I will write them and ask what I need to have and do.

14. Beefcarver

I went and downloaded microworlds anti spyware toolkit escan and it found the
    2 files that I couldnt remove and I used regedit and removed the associated keys all clean now. thankyou close this thread please. thanx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.