Re NIS 2005 expiry imminent

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tamba1, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamba1

tamba1 Registered Member

Hi I have posted here re my NIS 2005 expiring soon and you guys were VERY helful and gave me lots of advice thanks again to such a great group ...

I have a couple of qs re NIS that I was hoping someone could answer...

I am gonna ask them straight but please don't laugh

NIS 2005 Questions

1. I read somewhere AGES ago about people renewing exisitng NIS licenses .
    Q1. Is this possible?
    Q2. If so how do you do this ?
    Q3 if you were to do this does that mean you would be less protected my understanding of this process iis you still get live updates ?

Switching off NIS 2005
    My other question is re the possibility of avoiding all the hassles other people have been faced with when trying to remove Norton from their PCs.

I am aware of the Norton removal tools etc but was wondering if I can somehow avoid doing this by simply turning my current norton off as opposed to removing it. I am planning on using ZA and AVG to protect my PC ..

Apologies if these are stupid qs,o_O as mentioned in my other post I am very ill and to be honest not sure I fancy tackling Norton issues whilst not fully with it. My ilness has been for a few years and will go on for some time yet, so I can't just wait till then as my NIS will expire in a few days time...

As it is I have left it long enough I have to "bite the bullet and do something" in teh enxt couple of days

Many Thanks AGAIN for your time
    tamba1

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

click the help button on the right side of the GUI and then click on the renewal center. see screen shot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  3. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Just remember that once you give them your credit card number they will keep deducting a renewal cost every year...unless you jump through hoops to get them to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.