Re.installed Mobo, reset clock - still wont update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by northridge, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northridge

northridge Registered Member

ESS 4 on XP SP3
    Had to mess about with hardware and reset the Mobo: reset the pc clock, solving "out of date certificate" with Google.mail, but havent been able to get ESS.
    I have the orange warning icon, run "Update" and get "Up to date" but it still shows orange and a 2009 database.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The installers on the web are from 2010 so if you installed the latest build there's no chance ESS would show a db from 2009 even if update was failing. I'd suggest you run the Uninstall tool in safe mode as deascribed here and download and install the latest version of ESS 4.2.67 that is available for download from the ESET web site.

3. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I have got a question about the uninstaller tool (I used it several times and it works great, so good job on that). But when I run it (Win 7 x64, NOD32) it always finds traces of 1. ESS/EAV AND 2. NOD32v2.
    Is that by design that when you install version 4.2 it always installs drivers recognised as version 2 by the ESETUninstaller (so any v4.2 install will result in showing both 2 versions in the ESETuninstaller)?

4. northridge

northridge Registered Member

It seems the problem sorted itself out - I am now up-to-date.
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.