Re-format Computer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Badcompany, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    Trying to re-format my PC, After inserting the CD I receive a message saying,( NO Emulation.) And then a totally black screen, instead of the recovery screen.I had this prolem a few years back but can't remember what to do.There is something I have to do in safe mode, and reset to default settings.Any help would be appreciated.
    Badcompany.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I use PartitionMagic's diskettes to create and format a partition, which is usually [C:].
    My second harddisk and external harddisk can be formatted easily with Windows itself.
    I noticed one thing, these diskettes don't work, if my external harddisk is ON.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  4. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Thanks for your help, all I had to do was press F2 and reset default settings.Back to normal.
    BC.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

My present routine goes something on this order. If any partition exists, DELETED. Then i run Darik's Nuke & Boot to scrape the platter securely. Afterwards (sometimes), i also run Active KillDisk and run a pass or two with either/or ones/zeroes/random. I then proclaim to myself as the disk is free of obstacles.

Next i use Paragon's CD to CREATE partition(s) and format with NTFS. After that it's the XP Pro Install routine which after those runs makes the installer breeze thru it's paces.

Simple & Effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.