Re-enable the ewido exit warning?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by nameless, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

By default, when exiting ewido 4.0 using the tray icon (unfortunately, that's the only way to exit ewido), one is prompted to confirm the exit. The dialog has a check box that can be selected to disable this exit warning.

How can the exit warning be re-enabled, after that check box has been selected?

Let me guess... The setting is encrypted under HKLM\SOFTWARE\ewido anti-spyware\config, and can't be changed without reverse engineering...

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Exactly :( But why do you want to enable it again?

3. nameless

Because right now, I'm not using ewido in real-time mode. So, for convenience, I don't want the exit warning (since I will often be exiting ewido). But if I ever begin using ewido in real-time mode again, I would like to have the warning back (since exiting ewido will not be something I'd normally do).

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Uninstall and re-install if you don't get the info.:D

5. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

I write it down on my "wishlist" (what users wishes) but I cannot promise anything.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

6. nameless

It would be easier simply to delete the associated registry key.

In any case, I now know how to re-enable the exit confirmation, thanks to Bubba. Simply delete the value 22C3034B. **

** Always backup your registry before making manual changes to it. This information comes without warranty. I may be incorrect, or even totally nuts. Do no try this at home. Supervise your children at all times. Do not use before operating heavy machinery or installing Windows. Buzzed driving is drunk driving. No exchanges, returns, or replacements. Void where prohibited by law or common sense. Hold the hand rail at all times. Buckle up. Stay in school. One size does not fit all.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.