Re-enable Self-defense

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Damon85, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damon85

Damon85 Registered Member

I'm prepping some Windows 7 images for PCs in our office. Preferrably ESET AV 4.2 will be pre-installed, but obviously I have to disable the self-defense feature in the image to allow Windows setup to complete. Is there a command-line or other way to re-enable this feature as part of the final steps of the imaging process?

I see the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000600\Profiles\@My profile\SelfdefenceEnabled seems to toggle with the setting, but I also notice that simply toggling the registry key to 0x0 in my image does not disable Self-defense. This leads me to believe that toggling it to 0x1 at the end of setup will not necessarily re-enable the feature. Does it, or is there something else I need to do? And obviously I can push a configuration change to them post-imaging manually if it comes to that, I would just prefer to have it re-enabled automatically after the image finishes its unattended setup.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

PM Sent

3. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Although it is possible to 'enable' ESET antivirus client 'Self-defense', via a registry import, it will require 'two' restarts of the computer OS, after successfully importing the appropriate registry key.

We suggest using an ESET RA policy, or configuration task, to enable this feature, instead.

Here are the appropriate registry keys to enable 'Self-defense':

* Version 4.X ESET security products:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000600\Profiles\@My profile]
    "SelfdefenceEnabled"=dword:00000001

* Version 5.x ESET security products:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000001\Profiles\@My profile]
    "selfdefense"=dword:00000001

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.