RE: BenQ DVD burner

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mouse Works, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse Works

Mouse Works Registered Member

I am running version 8.0 build 826. I can only create images my hard drive or my Plextor CD/RW drive, but the software refuses to see my BenQ DW1620 IDE DVD Burner as a DVD burner. True Image only sees it as a CD/RW, and will only burn CDs on it. The only way to get an image onto DVD is to burn it from the hard after True Image creates there. The problem with that is the image is larger than allowable for the ISO format and must be burned under UDF. UDF appears to be invisible to True Image! I really don't see the point in backing up to a drive that may catastrophically fail, and need to be replaced. I want to backup to removable media but don't want to use a whole spindle of CDs!

This is my test box I build PCs and perform Network Administration for a living. I've been doing so for 25 years. If this software worked I had intended to purchase 50 or so licenses, but if it won't recognize a DVD burner that 12 other software packages do, then I'll have to look elsewhere. Please let me know if you have a viable solution.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mouse Works,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The current version of Acronis True Image does not write to DVD disсs directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. We may recommend you to install a UDF packet DVD writing software such as Ahead InCD or Roxio DirectCD, format DVD disсs by means of this software and then use formatted disсs with Acronis True Image. Please also follow the next link to get more information about writing on DVD: http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/faq.html#20.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.