Re:Acronis True Image 7.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Acadia, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks FanJ. :)

Acadia

EDIT: I bought 6.0 just several days ago, do I now have to pay the $30 for the upgrade? If so, considering the problems that I've been having with 6.0, I think I might just pass and absorb the $50 loss. :mad:

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Acadia,

Oops, I'm afraid that the only thing I can do is to advice you to contact Acronis.
    I would suggest to use this : info at Acronis.com

See also these pages:
    http://www.acronis.com/sales/
    http://www.acronis.com/sales/refund/

But, of course (!!!), decisions like that are up to Acronis and only them.

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I've already sent them some email asking for a "grace" period since I've only had the program for several days, some software companies have a 30 or 60-day grace period. I have a bad feeling about this. This is the kind of tactic that hordes of people have been complaining for years that Symantec does. Once a company starts becoming big and popular, who knows? They could all start taking lessons from Kevin at BoClean. Once you purchase BoClean, you've bought it, PERIOD! But Kevin and company are the exception, with all other companies these days, it's the bottom line that always wins out. Do I sound bitter? You better believe it! Hopefully Acronis' reply will surprise me and I will have to eat my words. :doubt:

Acadia

4. root

root Registered Member

I was not expecting such a price for an upgrade either.
    I am P!ZT.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I too don't like it.

BTW: only a week ago there was this other company coming with a new program; I bought it that same day, only to find out that 4 days later they were offering it with a 15 % discount; I guess you can guess my feelings...... :blink:

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

:eek:

Wow, they dropped all references to v6.0 from their site, so it looks like it's a total cutoff of the old version and $30 upgrade to get the new one. I'll have to think about that. :doubt:

While nothing like what Acadia saw, and yes I agree a grace period ought to at least cover people who bought say 30-days before the new version was released, I still feel bad as I've had mine for less than 5 months. I usually like to get at least a year out of my product.

Has anyone seen any "support" statements anywhere regarding v6.0 users?

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Not yet Mike.
    I am also "surprised" that I didn't even get an email about the new version, while I did get an offer not so long ago for one of their other upgraded programs......

I agree with your, Root's and Acadia's postings.
    I myself might wait for some time before upgrading; one of the other reasons for that is that I depend heavily on TI-6 for making/restoring backup-images.

8. root

root Registered Member

I sent an email to them letting them know what I thought. If enough people do that, they may change their mind.
    No reply yet.

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, Root, keeping my fingers crossed.

Acadia

10. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Mike ;) ,

With all due respect, but I'm afraid that that is not true:
    I just logged on at their site and -if I would like- I can still download TI 6 build 350 which is the latest build-version of TI version 6.
    See screenshot:

Attached Files:

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Jan, ;)

Actually, I was talking about the links and descriptions on the main page. There's no mention of v6 there any longer. Interestingly enough, there's no mention of v7 on the support page where you can still download v6.0 build 350. :doubt:

I'm wondering what will happen when they do update that page to add v7 support. I hope they keep the v6 files there for a while and don't drop them all off.

Attached Files:

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Agreed Mike ;)

In fact I was wondering for some time about that page, because it is actually for some time not reflecting anymore the latest program-versions.

For example:
    That page is telling you "Privacy Expert 2003".
    Well, in fact for some time there is already released the newer "Privacy Expert Suite 7.0".

13. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi.

I've been wondering about upgrading to TI7 since I first heard that it was coming out soon.
    If I have to pay $30 to upgrade,I've got some thinking to do. :mad:

I think that the upgrade should be more reasonable,especially for people like Acadia who just recently bought the program!

I'll be emailing Acronis also.

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Tester, thank you, I think that is a good idea for everyone who has purchased 6.0 recently. Well, I have heard from Acronis and ... I have to EAT MY WORDS, here is part of their message:

"According to our records you are eligible to get free Acronis True Image 7.0 Upgrade:
    Download Acronis True Image 7.0 (19.6 Mb)"

It's important to note that I just purchased 6.0 on Saturday or Sunday. I hope the rest of you have the same luck that I did. The email I received from them was NOT in response to the email I sent them earlier today, this was an email that I would have received anyway even if I would not have complained (actually, I have not even checked that mailbox yet to see if they replied to my complaint). Of course, I have not been able to get 6.0 to work in the first place but now I will stop trying and download the 7.0. BUT that is going to be a minor problem: it is almost 20mb and it took me almost 40 minutes to download 6.0 which was something like 10-11mb. Oh well, wish me luck and I wish all of you luck, take care.

Acadia

15. FanJ

FanJ Guest

:D
    Hey Acadia,

I'm glad for you !!! :)

Good luck; I hope it works this time for you ;)

16. the Tester

I'm glad to hear that Acronis did that for you Acadia. :)

I purchased Acronis quite a while ago so I don't think I will get a free upgrade.I'll check my email though.

My complaint for myself,personally isn't paying the upgrade fee.
    I've had TI6 for months.
    I have to decide if I want to pay that much.

Best wishes on the download and install Acadia.

17. FanJ

FanJ Guest

General advice:

For those upgrading from TI-6 to TI-7:
    Don't forget to make new bootable floppies or CD ;)
    (well, it is the same advice as I gave for TI-6 when there was a new build released).

Cheers, Jan.

18. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Downloaded and installed 7.0. Well, the first couple of screens are quite attractive, but that's as far as I can get ... same problem as before, exact same error messages. :'( But I heard back from Acronis tech support and they asked me to send some screen shots of the error messages. They've been sent so we shall wait and see ...

Acadia

19. root

root Registered Member

I did get a reply and it seems they are providing free upgrades for 30 days, not 31 and up. I understand they have to have a cutoff, but feel this is woefully inadequate in the case of a program such as this.
    I guess there is no overwhelming need to upgrade at this point.

20. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yeah, it’s rough when someone who had TI for 30 days can get it for free and someone who had it for 31 days must pay $30. I once dealt with a company, I don’t remember who anymore and you all may know of other companies, that had their upgrades in "steps". For example if you had purchased it within the past 30 days it was free, for 30-60days you paid only $5, 60-90 days you paid $10, etc. Now THAT’S the fair and common sense way to do things. Hmmmm, BOTH fair AND common sense, no wonder we don’t see it being done that way more often. :doubt: Root, take care.

Acadia

21. the Tester

I recieved an email response from Acronis.
    One question that I was curious about was TI 6 and if it will be supported by Acronis.
    The email states that it will be supported.
    I'll keep TI 6.

22. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

In case anyone is interested here is a huge thread about 7.0 in another forum:

http://www.pcqanda.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=266595&mesg_id=266595&page=2

Acadia

23. the Tester

Acadia.

Here's a karma cookie for that link you provided. ;)
    Reading that gives a better idea what new features TI 7 has and how it differs from TI 6.

24. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Gosh, golly, gee thanks Tester. Yeah, pcqanda (stands for pc question and answer) is my second favorite forum; guess what forum is my favorite, I'll give you a clue: I know for a fact that you're a member. ;)

Acadia

25. the Tester

Hi Acadia.

I know what you mean. ;)
    This is my favorite forum also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.