RAXCO Markets New Product "Perfectupdater"

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ESQ_ERRANT, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

This is an FYI.

For those interested in taking a look at a new driver updater utility, RAXCO, the developer of "PERFECTDISK," has just marketed a new product, a driver updater called, not surprisingly, "PERFECTUPDATER." It is presently on sale and can be found at:

http://www.raxco.com/home/perfectupdater.aspx

I generally do not update drivers believing that if the old drivers work at all, it is probably best to leave well enough alone. I say this as I have had problems having trialed other driver updaters in the past.

Still, as a long time user of "PERFECTDISK" AND "PERFECTSPEED," I trust RAXCO implicitly and I have downloaded and installed the product. The utility found several old drivers which could be upgraded. The utility makes a backup of the old drivers before installing the new ones and the user can determine which, if any, of the new drivers he wishes to install. As I write this entry, the utility is installing the new drivers. At present, I can at least say that my computer hasn't crashed and I await the outcome of the installation of the new drivers which is just about completed on my system.

I believe that you do have to purchase the product before the product will proceed to download and install the new drivers. The product retails for $39.00 but is available, at present, for $29.00 with a further 25% discount, according to the email I received today from RAXCO.

The interested party may wish to contact RAXCO directly to see whether RAXCO would offer a free demo of the product. I have found the support and sales departments to be superb.

2. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Looked like rebrand of the driver updater in Advanced System Optimizer to me, their registry thingy seemed to come from there too :thumbd:

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  4. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

OKAY. Didn't know. Thanks for setting me straight. I wouldn't have expected this of RAXCO.

5. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i would, bearing in mind that there is no provable system performance increase whilst using their real-time disk optimisation utility, in actual fact it slowed my pc down in my tests, built in on demand windows defrag utility is all you need

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

When I got this e-mail from Raxco I deleted it and put a filter on any future e-mails from them. That about sums up my feelings about it. :)

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I haven't tried the "real time" defrag feature, which seems unnecessary for a desktop PC - maybe useful on servers that people don't put hands on all that often. I use PerfectDisk 11 on demand and it works well. Third party defraggers may not make a dramatic difference compared with the built-in Windows defrag, but they bring added value, eg boot time defrag (page file, meta data, MFT) performance statistics, detailed list of file fragments, etc.

On the other hand I don't know why Raxco feels the need to market utilities of questionable value, such as registry cleaners, disk caching, etc. Maybe they're having trouble making it just with PerfectDisk, but whatever the reason it's unfortunate since these dubious programs hurt their reputation IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.