Raw Data partitions/drives

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Robert Hohlt, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Robert Hohlt

Robert Hohlt Registered Member

I eventually got around to contacting Paragon for my latest computing snafu. I have used Partition for a while and consider it to be my go to partition software. I have recently caused one of my USB disks to go completely RAW. I know that 16 years of data are still on it however all the disk recovery tools try to do is format it. I have attempted to use some of the downloadable recovery tools(not paragon) but only get about 15 percent recovery from any one product. So I am here hoping Paragon has some sort of HD recovery tool I can use to recover the RAW harddrive. I downloaded the 2 recent or new versions of Paragon partition and Home backup doodads and both failed big time... and have been removed from the PC ..
    Any ideas?

2. Kolia Tchernikov

Kolia Tchernikov Registered Member

Hello,

I recently had a similar problem. One of my USB stick, initially with a NTFS file format system, went RAW. The stick appears under Windows Explorer, as "RAW" in the Windows Disk Manager, and as NTFS in Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14.

Selecting "Convert File System" and going back to FAT16 solved the problem for me, without data loss nor need for reformat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.