rav online scanner!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by phatkid77, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatkid77

phatkid77 Registered Member

just scanned with panda, then made rounds with the free online ones..

rav found

C:\Documents and Settings\MDG Customer\Local Settings\Temp\1.54 MB.exe - Backdoor:Win32/Blarul.D -> Infected
    C:\Program Files\eDonkey2000\eDonkeyclc.exe - Backdoor:Win32/Blarul -> Infected
    C:\WINDOWS\Lycos\ss_IGN1_setup.exe - Backdoor:Win32/Blarul.D -> Infected

interesting........opinions

phats

2. phatkid77

oh yeah took 45 mins to complete scan...... i was editing pics though and sending an e-mail....

i clicked autoclean, so can i assume i am clean

phats

3. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear phatkid77, are you using heuristics with maximum sensitivity? why don't you scan your total system with maximum heuristics sensitivity. you can also send those files to Panda for analysis. if you're using an AV and it fails to detect a virus you should always send it for analysis and possible addition to database. BTW Panda detects a variant of Blarul.

4. phatkid77

yes i scan with heuistics....thanks

5. groundling

groundling Registered Member

i clicked autoclean, so can i assume i am clean

I don't think that is a safe assumption:

The 'Autoclean' option, if checked, will only try to clean the infected items. Still, there are some malwares that cannot be cleaned such as: items that are generated by the malware itself and contain 100% malicious code (i.e. Trojans, Internet Worms, Backdoors, etc) or malwares contained in archives (RAV Engine cannot perform any action inside the archives).

Resolution
    If RAV Online Scan finds such uncleanable files on your computer, you must delete the files manually

6. phatkid77

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Honestly said after detections i keep the log so i know where the files are, zip a copy and forward it to the lab for second opinions, might submit it online to the KAV file scanner www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html and in cases go for another online scanner. All this before i would delete any file.
    If i'm uncertain, might either keep only a zipped version on my system or add *.tmp to the filename so it can't execute while i can find it back if my system would make problems for a missing file.
    Just a few hints which work ok for me.
    And keep those copies of suspicious files in one folder you created for that purpose; you know for instance you kept X files there, so you expect by a scan to get that same amount on alerts and only in that folder, so you know rather quick the differences with other scanners and if there is anything new detected outside that folder, and you can delete the complete folder if you want.

8. phatkid77

very good ideas .....alittle complicated for this kid, i need pics....lol

how would you get the files into a new folder, do you write down wher the AV finds them the go to them and send to foldero_O seems like a lot of work.
    but well worth it i am sure...

phats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.