RAS Initial Update Failure

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by WESTIOM, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WESTIOM

WESTIOM Registered Member

I am a newbie to ESET and Remote Admin

I have installed Remote Admin Server (3.0.105) and Remote Admin Console (3.0.105) on a Windows 2003 R2 server within an internal network.

I performed an Advanced install on both products and set no passwords

I can successfully open the console and connect to the server but I can not recieve any updates - i.e. Virus Signatures etc.

Under Server Options --> Updates I have set up my EAV username and password but I get the message 'Failed, CANT_DOWNLOAD' - the logs report 'Update failed, code: 4, aditional code 0x1204, aditional description CANT_DOWNLOAD'

The server uses a proxy server for Internet Access and this works fine - allows HTTP traffic on Port 8080

Do I need additional configuration steps to allow download access or do I need to open ports on our firewall for ESET to communicate with remote servers

2. bio

bio Registered Member

you need to go to server options - other settings tab and click edit advanced options. in there you need to configure your proxy server settings in de update section.
    I am curious if you can get the nod32v2 updates as well.

regards
    bio..

3. WESTIOM

WESTIOM Registered Member

Under Other Settings ---> Advanced Settings I had already set the proxy server details (under the Proxy Server option). I also set the HTTP Proxy Server (under the Update option)

I set the proxy server to same DNS name and port (8080) as defined within the Internet Explorer Connection tab

It does mention port 3128 as default - does it use this to communicate with the outside world or with our proxy server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.