Ranting about Eset promotion

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ed_Spurrell, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_Spurrell

Ed_Spurrell Registered Member

I have used Eset antivirus (NOD32) and now Smart Security for a long time with no complaints. Last month I received a email notice stating that if I renewed my license now then I would get up to 25% off the price. So I renewed then only to find it was full price. I sent a request to ESET and got a reply saying to call the toll free number. I called and got a CSR who told me that they were aware of the promotion but it was not supposed to have happened and could not be honored. I asked why didnt they send a follow-up email to their customers that the promotion was not valid. His reply was he didn't know. The left hand dont know what the right hand is doing...or do they :(
    I told him I was not pleased with the way it was handled and did not like the way they lured customers to renew.
    There is supposed to be a law in place for false advertisement.
    I had no problem with paying full price as always. But just don't do that to your customers please. It leaves a sour taste in their mouth :(

cheers

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get this sorted since it's not your fault that it did "happen" even if it wasn't supposed to do so from ESET's side apparently. My opinion is that ESET takes good care of their customers so i'm sure it will be sorted in one way or the other. If not money back then at least some extended time on the license. :)

3. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Well, since you posted your experience here, there is increased visibility of the problem. Chances are expect a representative to handle the miscommunication soon enough.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Private message sent.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Ed_Spurrell

Thank you for all the replies.

Thank you Aryeh, I have sent email according to your instructions.

6. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

This kind of thing drives me away from companies. Imagine - all they needed to do was give you the discount to keep you happy. Crazy stuff.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

How do you know that isn't what they are doing?

8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I agree with Pete. Hold your horses.

9. Ed_Spurrell

It has been 2 weeks since I posted here because I was not pleased with the way Eset sent me a false advertisement for renewal.
    I have been told they have attempted to contact me several times yet I have not received any calls or emails.
    I have stated that Eset has all my contact information but they choose not to explain this to me.
    I do think this is a department issue and nobody wants to take the blame or back down from the false advertisement in order to lure in more subscribers.
    I do thank the Eset person who claimed he/she tried to get some answers but he/she was probably told to go back to work.
    Time to look elsewhere and explore other security software.

cheers

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Disappointed to see this hasn't been solved yet, not the ESET I know.
    But if you have been told that "they" have tried to contact you...then you must have been in contact with someone already, or how else would you know that they have tried to contact you. Sorry for being thick :)

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I have contacted my colleagues from the US to pay attention to this and to solve the issue to our mutual satisfaction.

12. Ed_Spurrell

The person who contacted me here is a researcher and said they would look into it, and would contact the departments involved.
    I hope that clears up the " contact with someone already"

cheers

13. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I see, I thought you had been in contact with someone from some department already but I guess not then, sorry.
    Well you got ESET's attention and Marcos & Aryeh is very helpful so hang in there...:thumb:

14. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Email sent.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

15. Ed_Spurrell

I got the email Aryeh and thank you for resolving this issue last night.
    I would like to thank all who replied to my post.

In closing I would like to state that this was the first issue I ever had with ESET and I have subscribed for a long time now. The software have never let me down in all the years I have used it.
    I think Eset has wiped out the little virus I had in my head of looking for another software which I was honestly going to look into.

cheers
    Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.