Random undocumented serious error on update/MrxSMB 3019 on numerous clients

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jeremyf, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyf

jeremyf Registered Member

I have an update I would like to make on these two points (see OP for the two points):

1) As of this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=235639 it seems this will be fixed in next version of v4. Hey, that's great! How come no one said anything in my thread? :(

2) I have now tried V4 to see if it changed anything for this issue, and indeed it does! Here is what happens; instead of the mrxsmb error, I now get a Event ID 6004 (A driver packet received from the I/O subsystem was invalid. The data is the packet.) in my event log every time I browse a network drive. So something is changed in relation to this issue in this new version. Even still, instead of the old 'warning' that was the mrxsmb problem, this is now a bona fide 'error'... Perhaps this added information will enable some kind soul to better help me with this issue? I am more than willing to accept it is something I am setting up wrong, but please tell me if this is so...

Thanks.

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Same problem here. Apparently this was a problem in version 3 also, per the forums, which eventually got resolved. Guess it's back. I tried completely removing Nod32 4 again, rebooting two times, then reinstalling fresh and the problem comes back.

I can reproduce the event log entries by surfing my DFS and navigating to folders on my AS/400 or Windows 2003 servers, for example, along with normal shares on a Windows server.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. jeremyf

jeremyf Registered Member

[sarcasm]
    Well I am really glad I posted here so I could help Eset improve their product. The prompt and informative advice I have received from Eset has been extremely helpful.
    [/sarcasm]

Oh, and by the way, if the whole point of running a discussion forum is NOT to allow for saavy users to tip the company off to potential and real issues, and even have a hand in solving them, lessening the burden on call-centers and "tech support", then what is it for? Nothing, I say. An exercise in futility.

Unless action is taken to solve/address/notify the end users about these and other specific issues, I will not be renewing our license, for what it's worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.