Random screenshots on clipboard

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by poi99desk, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poi99desk

poi99desk Registered Member

For some reason there random screenshots appear on my clipboard that I find while pasting things. What could this be? I've done a rootkit scan, and although there were a few items that came up, nothing seemed to be spyware. I also do have a few anti-malware, anti-spyware and anti-virus software installed and the sytem seems to be running decent. Windows XP with firefox.

Recently I did have a drwatson error.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

This information will help you in your quest to resolve your issue.

3. poi99desk

So this means that you think it is an infection?

4. siljaline

Your clipboard should not hold more than one item in memory, so yes, there is a strong likelihood you have an infection.

5. poi99desk

Thank you for the reply. I should clarify a bit. The clipboard is only holding one item. Somehow that item is a screenshot even when I do not press the print screen button.

Ex. When I press control+v to paste an object, sometimes a screenshot will be pasted, even when I did not hit print screen.

6. siljaline

I follow what you are saying but your specific issue may be beyond the depth of Windows that this board is able to assist you.

A Windows Expert may of greater assistance as to why screenshots are giving issue as you describe.

My suggestion to you would be to ask at: Microsoft Answers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.