Random re-boot(s)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mecute, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecute

mecute Registered Member

I recently installed the trial version 4 of the ESET NOD32 together with the recent release of free Zonealarm firewall. Unfortunately, after installing the two, my unit experienced random reboots.. And it happened many times. Im suspecting the NOD32 because I installed the ZAF8 first without experiencing a problem. As the NOD32 followed, there appeared the problem..

I reverted back to NOD32 v3 and without uninstalling the ZAF8. My unit is Okay now.. ;)

2. UglyChild

UglyChild Registered Member

I honestly never understood why people use ZoneAlaram in the first place. Its such crap software from the get go.

Windows Firewall dets the job done, and if you have a router, then you are perfectly fine.

3. mecute

mecute Registered Member

UglyChild:
    The issue here is not the ZAF8.. as it does not cause any problem to my system. I just wanna clear things out before finally upgrading to NOD32 v4. If the problem lies within my system, then there's nothing I can do, i'll just stick to the old one..

4. UglyChild

UglyChild Registered Member

How about you remove ZAF, reboot, then install NOD V4 and see if you still have same reboot issue.

Either way, my point still stands against ZAF.

5. mecute

mecute Registered Member

If ZAF does not cause any issue or problem with the earlier version of NOD32, there should be no problem with the latest version either (NOD32 v4).

6. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I can't comment on Zonealarm as I haven't tried it recently. However, I have found that there's an issue with slow loading of web pages in IE7 when using Comodo firewall with NOD V4. NOD V3 is fine.

It appaers that the web protection has changed in V4, so I suspect this has caused my issue. Obviously this is nowhere as serious as your problem, but it shows there are differences between the V3 and V4 components.

On a bright note, in my case, I've now put Agnitum Outpost on and this seems to work fine with NOD V4. In fact, it detects NOD and disables its web protection components that are already covered by NOD.

Maybe, as a work-around, there are components in ZA that can also be turned off to work okay with NOD. Another possibility is to exclude the ZA program folder from scanning by NOD. If it is something that can be fixed, you may also be able to help track down the issue by doing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.