Random Invalid Username and/or Password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by 0verlord, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0verlord

0verlord Registered Member

We're currently running ESET NOD32 Business Edition with around 132 Nodes version 4.0.474.0, Server version: 3.1.15.

Starting sometime last week, i've been getting these random machine messages:

During execution of Update on the computer XXXXX-XX, the following
    warning occurred: Invalid Username and/or Password.

It's random, no changes have been done to the server, error is emailed once every hour. The only fix I've found is actually logging onto the computer itself, bringing the Advanced Setup Tree -> Update -> Clicking on the Clear cache button and rebooting.

But why would this be happening all of the sudden? Same setup has worked correctly for almost two years. I am just concerned that they will all go at the same time.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Authentication is done when connecting to the update server. Do you update the clients from the ERA server via http or a Windows share?

3. 0verlord

0verlord Registered Member

They're updated from the ERA server via http.

I just remembered that I recently upgraded the NOD32 client on the ERA server to 4, i disabled web protection on it today hopefully that will make a difference.

4. marufas

marufas Registered Member

same for me. I upgraded to v4.2.35 and extended license for 2 years on my laptop and some time I get wrong username/password. Updates from ERA work great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.