Random Freezing - AMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wildride, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildride

wildride Registered Member

Hi Ive purchased NOD32 a few months ago on a new system build for 2 PC's (both identical in hardware) and have since been experiencing a random freeze mainly on the one Im currently on which I use for gaming, the other not as often.

I emailed the eset tech support and they werent too much help blaming the problem on other things like adaware and registry mechanic (which only run when prompted) The problem is the entire system locks up and needs a reboot and I can be doing anything for this to occur. Playing games, running a defrag are two examples.

I went through the forums and could find a cause that I have installed. Id love to provide more in depth of what is running when a freeze occurs but as its random its a little tough, however if I disable AMON the freezes dont occur. It just seems whenever AMON and any program are trying to read the files at the same time a conflict occurs and I cant figure out why.

Ive tried excluding files I know could be in use during a crash ie game folders are no longer scanned. However while it seems to have helped a freeze can still occur just not as quickly. On the other PC this freeze occurs while on the net when loading IE sometimes and surfing.

Im going to try disabling Windows auto-update as thats the only thing I could find on the forum that could be causing it. Other than windows processes the only thing left running is Sygate firewall 5.6 on game pc and Mcafee firewall on the other. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It could very well be Sygate 5.6 that's causing the issue, that release is so very bugged and it will crash most systems.
    I suggest you get rid of that version and install 5.5.2710 instead. Get it here

3. wildride

wildride Registered Member

Thanks Brian that seems to have solved the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.