Ran out of Disk Space

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by raulc08, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raulc08

raulc08 Registered Member

My ERA gives me a warning every time I log on giving me the following:
    "The amount of disk space used by the storage folder has exceeded the amount of specified in the configuration. We recommend that you run the Cleanup feature to free up disk space. Also please check the logs to make sure there is no problem."

I check the logs and there is a problem. I keep getting errors due to max space size. I did run the clean up feature and nothing in addition I also increased the rotation size to 512mb in the loggings tab in server options. Now I do believe I'm doing something wrong here other wise I should of stopped getting this error. Any help would be appreciated.

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

How much available space do you have on your server?

In ERAC (Tools/Server options/Logging), which options do you have set?
    For example, Log verbosity, it is recommended to leave Log verbosity at the Level 2 – Above + Session Errors. The database Debug Log option should be disabled under normal circumstances.
    Click Tools > Server Options > Advanced > Edit Advanced Settings… > Setup > Logging > Rotated debug log compression to configure compression level for individual rotated logs. Have you modified any other Logging settings here?

Another option is to compact the database (Tools > Server Options > Server Maintenance - Compact Now).
    NOTE: When compacting the database, the server is in maintenance mode and does not serve any clients. This may take a few minutes.

If you need further assistance, please contact ESET Customer Care and provide them with a copy of your ERA configuration and your era log.

3. raulc08

raulc08 Registered Member

1. Disk space 3.25GB of free space out of 270GB

2.In logging the settings are :Enable logging, Log to ext file with rotate greater than 512MB and delete logs older than 30 days. The rest of the logs are turned off. And also log verbosity is set to level 2.

As for the debug logs everything seems off to me, I've attached an image of the advance settings of logs.

3. The compact database was an option i took a few days back, but I'm still getting this error.

Anything that would help clear up space or anything to get the logs back up and running would be helpful. I'll shoot an email to customer support and see if they can provide a solution. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

• eset.png
      eset.png
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:
  4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi raulc08,

This warning only appears when there's less than 5% of free disk space, and that's your case because you told us you have 3.25GB of free space out of 270GB, which represents 1% approx. You'll need to do some cleanup.

Should the problem persists, open a ticket with the support department in your country, include a link to this thread and also your ERA configuration and your era log as TyeF stated before.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.