RAM Idle vs. Cacheman

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Q Section, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Everyone

Has anyone tried both Ram Idle and Cacheman? We would like to know how they compare with each other. We are using Cacheman and although it had been rated highly it still does not work very well generally and crashes sometimes.

Thank you for any comments.

98SE
    PII-450
    320MB

2. Azn_Tweaker

Azn_Tweaker Registered Member

3. The Smoker program does not seem to mention defragmentation but it does mention that it will disrupt one's internet connection settings.

4. Sorry - meant to say there does not seem to have much documentation regarding memory management.

5. Azn_Tweaker

it may not have a disk defragmentation. but it has some RAM tweaks to speed ur pc up. internet cleaning, reg cleaning etc. it also has an Internet Tweak :D

give it an shot. if u like it then buy it.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

From looking at the documentation I would have to say ram Idle, But I don't usually recomend the use of any ram apps.

7. Azn_Tweaker

do u mean RAM BOOSTERS?

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't personally like any app that defrags ram in the slightest, and the freeing of ram is a subject that has as many cons as pros. So I stay away from them and I don't recomend them.

I have done a bit of research on the subject in the past and that is where I get my opinion. But everyone should research any subject and form their own opinions.
    bigc

9. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Before using Cacheman 98SE did not want to give back previously used ram but now that we are using it we at least can capture back some of it. We are also using a setting to release dll's after usage. We note a definite improvement by having it running as opposed to not having any memory helper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.