RAID-support list

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mrwul, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Hello to all,

Is there a kind of list RAID-system that is being supported by Acronis?
    That is being updated at regular intervals. This may prevent users from
    buying Acronis to discover it won't work with their RAID-system.

Does Acronis support the RAID on Asus latest mobo's, P5AD2(E) Premium

//
    Serial ATA & IDE RAID
    The onboard Silicon Image Sil3114R and ITE 8212F RAID controllers plus the Intel ICH6R southbridge provide the best solution to your RAID requirements on different storage standards. The Intel ICH6R supports RAID 0, 1 and Intel Matrix RAID Technology on 4 Serial ATA ports. The Silicon Image Sil3114R controller offers four additional SATA interfaces and allows RAID 0, 1, 10, JBOD, and a RAID software patch to support RAID 5. For IDE hard disk drives, the ITE 8212F controller provides RAID 0, 1 , 0+1 functionality for two ATA133 channels.
    //

brgds
    --

2. Electrogaet

Electrogaet Registered Member

I ve got the Asus P4C800 and it 's ok but only when you restore your system with the "safe bootable cd"
    You can easily create this CD inthe soft.
    The raid controller on my Motherboard is a Promise 478

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mrwul,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis True Image does support ITE 8212F RAID Controller. Also we support Sil3114R RAID Controller in RAID 0 mode only. We expect this controller to be fully supported in future builds. Our Development Team (Linux Department) is currently working on support of this controller.

As for Promise 478, please try to create new full version of bootable CD with the latest build and use it. We have just fixed the problem with this RAID controller in the 791 build of Acronis Tue Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. grelaford

grelaford Registered Member

I'm using TI Ver. 7 on two systems which are configured with RAID cards:

3Ware Escalade 8506-4LP, WD Raptor drives, SATA RAID
    Supermicro P4SCI motherboard, 3Ware card in 32-bit 33MHz slot (the 3Ware card isn't stable in the 64-bit slot, on this board)

Adaptec 2400A, WD Drives, ATA
    Supermicro P4SAA board

For what it's worth, Ghost wouldn't image the first example. I wasted a couple of days trying, then switched to TI, which worked on the first attempt.

5. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Thank you.

My onboard RAID is a MBFasttrack RAID (onboard of Asus A7V333-motherboard) - Promise ™ 20272.

Has this problem also been solved?

brgds
    --

6. mrwul

mrwul Registered Member

Oops, forgot, will ICH6R also be supported??

thank you.
    brgds
    --

7. viralstrain

viralstrain Registered Member

I have a NVIDIA Nforce3 RAID0 on SATA, and a 160GB SATA drive, and when booting from the full recovery cd, It doesn't see my drives. Is there support for these controllers?

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Create a "Safe" version of the bootable rescue CD and try that. It uses a subset of DOS and motherboard BIOS functions to access the hardware.

Regards

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

RAID controllers by NVidia are not supported yet because we haven't got open source drivers for it and NVidia doesn't want to share it. ICH6R and MBFasttrack RAID are supported (ICH6R is supported only in the eighth version since the 786 build).

If you have further questions concerning Acronis software please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.