RAC configuration deployment problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Devlin7, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Hello,

I have two questions regarding installing NOD32 via the RAC.

1) In the RAC, I have created a general configuration for my workstations which includes a few minor changes for the NOD32 scanner. Basically I want it to scan everything when manually run. The configuration is locked by password and when a user starts NOD32 they get a locked down version of MY PROFILE. This works beautifully except for one item which is that the mailbox for that user is not ticked for scanning. If I open another profile and then reopen MY PROFILE it then becomes ticked. If I open NOD32 and scan using my profile the mailbox is not scanned.

See first attachment for RAC config

2) My second problem is that I am currently in testing mode. When I deploy NOD to my testbox it automatically updates the engine to the latest version. I am then unable to deploy a new configuration to this workstation without forceing an OLDer set of files to it using /FORCEOLD. I get an error 108 if I don't use /FORCEOLD. What I don't understand is that the RAC server mirror is fully up to date so why doesn't it deploy the new engine instead of trying to over write the installation with older files?

See second thread for the second screen shot of problem 1

Thanks Graeme

Attached Files:

2. Devlin7

NOD32 scanner, note the mailbox is not being scanned

Attached Files:

3. Devlin7

Anybody got ANY ideas?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Until someone wanders along with suggestions, can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread.

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

5. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Hi Devlin,

1- Could you post a screenshot ot the scanner settings in the nod32 on-demand-scanner (what is under the screnshop you already post)
    2- what are the versions of the RAC, RAS and Nod32 you deploy ?
    Is the error 108 a GLE error ?

6. Devlin7

Zashita,

Screen shot as requested. All items are set to clean quarantine and delete quarantine where possible.

RAC is 1.07 [Although the readme says 1.06]
    RAS is 1.07 [Although the readme says 1.06]

NOD32 antivirus system information
    Virus signature database version: 1.1162 (20050706)
    Dated: Wednesday, July 06, 2005
    Virus signature database build: 5848

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version: 1.016 (20050616)
    Advanced heuristics module build: 1085
    Internet filter version: 1.002 (2004070:cool:
    Internet filter build: 1013
    Archive support module version: 1.032 (20050623)
    Archive support module build version: 1120

Information about installed components
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Base
    Version: 2.50.25
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Internet support
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Standard component

Operating system information
    Platform: Windows XP
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
    Version of common control components: 5.82.2900
    RAM: 510 MB
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2793 MHz)

Attached Files:

7. zashita

It looks like you don't have the latest versions of the RAC/RAS :doubt:
    In the RAC, tools-> server option, you will see the version of the RAS
    and in 'hepl' -> 'about Nod32 ...', the RAC version..
    The error 108 says that you try to use an older version that the one already installed (in the target computer).
    The 1.0.7 version have a new configuration editor version with include some new options for the v2.50 of Nod32. So maybe the problem come from here ...
    For your pb #1, I will try to investigate ... after sleeping ;)

8. Devlin7

Hi Zashita,

The versions are the latest, only downloaded a week or two ago.

I have now deployed to 150 machines. The one thing I am finding frustrating is that the moment NOD is installed and reboots it then updates and requires another update. Any idea how to get the latest engines in place at deployment time?

RAS ver attached

Attached Files:

• nod.JPG
      nod.JPG
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
  9. zashita

As some engines were updated after the release of the 2.50.25 version, I don't thin this will be possible till the release of a new version which include these engines.
    If you wait for the computer to reboot 2 times (for engines updates), do you still have your problems ?

Did you follow Blackspear's advices and sent an email with a link to this thread to support@nod32.com ?

10. Devlin7

Eset Response One

Regarding your first issue; can you not select the scanning of Email files in the configuration editor? Then the C:\ drive scan will scan everything you need. Are the Mailboxes for the relevant user local or on the server?

For the second issue, I don't think you have the latest version of RAS installed which now includes NOD32 version 2.5.

My Reply

Graeme.Lockett wrote:
    RAS and RAS are both 1.07 downloaded about 1 to 2 weeks ago.

It is not a major issue it just means each machine needs to reboot twice. Once for NOD32 to install and once after the engine updates to the latest version

ESETs reply

I'm wondering if perhaps you are still using the older packages, created with previous configuration editor? If so, maybe you could save the package(s) and then create a new package and import your old one(s). This should keep all your previous settings but with the newer features of NOD32 2.5.

My Reply

The RAS and RAC were downloaded of the net a week or two ago. All configurations were made from scratch.

Has the RAC/RAS changed in the last two weeks? It was version 1.07 when I downloaded it.

11. zashita

This appear to me as version problem too, with what you descrived (as I thought before).
    Was an older version of Nod32 / RAC / RAS installed before in this computer ??

12. Devlin7

I was testing NOD32 on a testbox and deployed to approx three machines. I noticed this problems and also two others while testing. At the end of the 30 days trial I was happy with NOD32 and purchased a full license.

I then downloaded all the latest installation EXEs from ESET and installed NOD32 / RAC / RAS and mirror on a server which had never had NOD32 installed. I created about 6 different installation profiles for laptops, workstations, terminal servers and win 98 for example.

I then started deploying to the network. The latest version of RAS/RAC solved my alternate update profile for laptops but no the scanning of mailbox [tick] problem.

It is not a major issue. I have deployed now to 160 machines so far. I have to visit each machine to get rid of Etrust and I have a good routine now. Once installed I will no longer worry about this double reboot issue.

And the Mailbox [tick] issue is not a major either.

Thanks

Graeme

13. zashita

I am glad to see you are not blocked with this.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.