RAC and last event item question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Have an evaluation version of the Enterprise edition and have a question regarding RAC and the last even column in the client pane. Is this field actually showing the last event that had occurred for that client's workstation because right now it is showing

Column Name Value
    Client Name amd
    Primary Server Win2k3stnd
    Version 1.1538 (20060515)
    Last Connected 2006-05-15 11:09:04
    Last Virus Alert
    Last Event Update attempt failed (Incorrect username or password.)
    Amon Running
    Configuration Ready (2006-05-15 08:23:51)
    OS Microsoft Windows XP
    IP 192.168.1.16
    Mobile User
    New
    Comment

Yet when I go to this client and press the Update NOW button the client's software responds that it is up to date.

When I look at the Event Log window it shows the last event for the Windows 2003 server as

Column Name Value
    Event Id Event 60
    Client Name Win2k3stnd
    Date 2006-05-15 09:09:53
    Received 2006-05-15 09:13:36
    Module Update
    Type Diagnostics
    Event Error connecting to server u8.eset.com.
    Comment

The previous event for the server was:

Column Name Value
    Event Id Event 57
    Client Name Win2k3stnd
    Date 2006-05-15 07:10:00
    Received 2006-05-15 07:13:36
    Module Mirror
    Type Normal
    Event Mirror has been updated successfully.
    Comment

A couple of points also need to be mentioned:

1) The server was bounced yesterday May 14th and was left at the login prompt
    2) The only machine which has the ESET provided username and password is the mirror version of NOD32 which is installed on the Win2k3 server. This information is entered on the UPDATE window. There is no password or username configured under the Mirror's "access to update files" option.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Clients are set to update from mirror using UNC path?
    or
    Clients are set to update from the mirror using http?

Clients update configuration..program updates set to prompt or auto update?

3. enduser999

Clients are all using the hard coded http://192.168.1.40:8081/ (the AMD machine is XP Pro and not part of the domain) but on the same network subnet. The other computer is Win2k and is connected to the domain where the server is and where mirror is installed.

Both the XP Pro (AMD) and the Win2k machines have the prompt option enabled for Program Updates.

4. YeOldeStonecat

OK, so the config of the client workstation...should have the Control Center, if you bring it up, showing the following data.
    Control Center==>Update==>Setup button

http://192.168.1.40:8081
    and the user/pass section is left totally blank, right?

5. enduser999

Correct.

6. YeOldeStonecat

By chance is Sharepoint running on this server?

7. enduser999

No however it dawned on me that yesterday that I installed the Windows Security Configuration Wizard so I uninstalled that. I should of waited and seen if the mirror updated itself but I did a update now which completed ok. Of course this is probably becuase that NOD32 copy has the ESET supplied USERNAME and PASSWORD in the UPDATE configuration screeen and is the only NOD32 on the system that does. It shows the version as 1.1539.

However none of the workstations that are using this mirror have updated themselves and this is reflected by the client area showing the older 1.1538 version. The server install of NOD32 which is configured to be remote admined by itself does show the updated 1.1539 in its entry in the client pane. It has been 16+ minutes since the mirror aka Win2k3 server was updated.

So I phoned the reseller and they asked me to do a manual update on one of the workstations. That updated its definitions and then for some reason the other two workstations showed that they too had updated themselves. This was 30 minutes since I had done the manual update on the mirror.

Does the Last Event column in the RAC update/clear itself if an error is no longer occurring? I am asking becuase even though all of the computers are update to date definition wise the Last Event column is stil showing "Update attempt failed (Incorrect username or password.)".

Last edited: May 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.