RA console not completely working anymore..

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duncantuna, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duncantuna

duncantuna Registered Member

I've been running Nod32 for 1.5 years now without much difficulty. RA Console has worked fine in the past.

A new, odd problem has developed .. When I go into RA console, all of my 75 PCs show up, and they report "Last Connection" of XX minutes ago .. but they all report the virus defs from June 1st, and thus, are highlighted in red as problems. -- I checked a number of PCs, and they all have the current defs, June 5th.

So .. at first I thought it was a connection problem, where the PCs were unable to contact the RA Server .. but they can, as evidenced by last connection XX minutes ago (XX being a reasonable number under 15, which is what I have my clients set to.)

So .. any idea why the clients are able to connect to RAS, but unable to report that their virus defs are current? ? Fixes?

TIA!

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Check the license status for the RAS/RAC...although I believe it gives an error right off the bat when it expires...

3. duncantuna

That's not it .. our license expires Sept 30, 2006.

4. YeOldeStonecat

But the correct one is showing up under the "License" tab of your control center?

5. duncantuna

Yes. I checked.

6. YeOldeStonecat

Hmm...I remember a post about the database files getting hosed...what happens if you remove a PC from the RAC...within a few minutes it should reappear..hopefully with correct info?

No new software firewalls added to clients? Or IP changes in the network?

7. duncantuna

Nope .. that's why it's strange. I deleted a PC from RAC, and when it showed up again in RAC, it STILL had June 1st as the virus def date. -- The PC itself shows the virus def date of June 5th.

8. duncantuna

This situation has resolved itself. I have no idea how, but today, everything is being reported correctly. Oh, well. Gremlins, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.