RA clients occasionally lose connection?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by alglove, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Hey, all. I have been running the Remote Administration package, and I have noticed that some of the clients occasionally seem to lose their connection to the RA server. NOD32 continues to run on the clients... AMON and IMON are still active... scheduled scans continue to run... but as far as the server can tell, they have been off the network for several hours. When I reboot the clients, all the information does finally get passed on to the server. By the way, these clients are on 24/7, so they do not usually get turned off at night and turned back on in the morning.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Are these clients in excess of the number of licenses you have for the RA component? I noticed that with a machine on our RA console - it bugged the hell out of my for almost a day - then I did a quick count and realised that we had one too many machines checking into the RA machine - we'd exceeded our license basically... ergo, one machine was being ignored, as RA was already taking stock of our licensed number of machines, the excess one was showing as out of date and it clearly was not.

hth

Greg

3. alglove

Thanks, Greg.

Good thought, but no, we are not in excess of our number of licenses. That is something good to know should we ever come across that situation, though.

4. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

A couple of questions:

1 - How long has the RA server been running?
    2 - Do they clients EVER come back by themselves?
    3 - How many clients do you have connecting to that server?

Jack

5. alglove

1. The RA server has been running for about 2 weeks now. This problem has occurred 3 times in that period of time.

2. I can say that one of the clients lost its connection for about 19 hours before I rebooted it. When I have noticed the clients losing their connections, I have never seen them get reestablished. I suppose it is possible that clients have disconnected/reconnected while the management console was down, but there would be no way for me to know that.

3. We have 6 clients connecting to that server. Two different clients have lost their connections. Both are in the LAN with static IP addresses.

Thanks.

6. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi alglove:

Stop and start the NOD32 Remote Administrator service on the RA server.

They should all reconnect back without having to reboot the workstations.

It is a known issue at this point, but I have not heard of a fix (may be related to a microsoft patch).

I hope this helps. ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  7. alglove

Yes, that does help! Thanks. :)

8. dwood

dwood Registered Member

Strangley enough this has just happened to me at one of our remote sites.

Had to restart the Stop and start the NOD32 Remote Administrator service on the Remote RA server.

It now seems to be working fine.

Dan

9. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello alglove,

There is a known bug that sometimes seems to rear it's little head in the client's version of NOD32. It appears to happen to some clients who never switch their machines off. The client's virus signature database is up to date but the server shows it being well out of date. Is this the kind of problem you're experiencing alglove?

At present, the work around is to simply reboot the workstation, but in the next version of NOD32, the issue has been resolved.

Regards,
    Bandicoot.

10. alglove

Yes, this is the problem exactly! It is good to know that the issue will be resolved in the next version. Thanks, Bandicoot! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.