RA 3.0.39 can't remove exclusions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

With the 3.0.39 RA, it is impossible to remove exclusions from the real time scanner.

If you go into an XML and mark them for removal, save the XML, then go back in you will see that they are still there listed for addition not removal.

If you create a policy which has 3 exceptions and apply it enforced to a group of PCs, additional exclusions are not removed.

How do I remove exclusions from PC's remotely? I have stupid users who have added entire drives as exclusions and I need to remove these.

Thanks!

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

One workaround would be to directly edit the registry to remove those exclusions and then set the client password. Exclusions are stored in HKLM\Software\Eset\Eset Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000600\@My Profile\Excludes

You might also want to try manually editing the XML config file you push out to the client after making it with the configuration editor. It appears that config editor simply doesn't set the DELETE="1" flag properly, but I am guessing if you manually edit that and then push it out to clients it should work fine.

3. edwin3333

Ok, thank you. I will play with manually editing the xml and the delete=1. I don't have access to the registry on many of these PC's.

Thanks!

4. edwin3333

This is still a bug in 3.0.105 (316) as well.

Adding a cfg.xml with delete=1 into a policy changes the delete=1 to delete=0 in the policy, which means it does the opposite of what you want. Can I manually change the policy files too?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.