R-Wipe & Clean 20.0

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by imdb, Jan 6, 2021.

1. imdb

imdb Registered Member

R-Wipe & Clean

https://www.r-wipe.com/

2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Let us know your experiences.
    It's been around awhile seeing it's on v20.

Reliability / quirkiness is key for me, rather than nth degree (or any registry) cleaning, and with Program Traces has a ccEnhancer capability?

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

hey, paul. afaik, r-wipe's been around for well over 15 years and i've been using it on and off for about 10 yrs. for my money, it's the best wiping/cleaning sw there is. though some may find the price a little bit steep, there's a 30-day trial version which, when the trial period is over, turns into a somewhat limited so-called "light" version that is pretty sufficient & competent for the job.
    given that it's a no-no to wipe/erase an ssd, you'll do fine with the light version. oh and it's one of, if not the most reliable wiping/cleaning sw in the market. i never had any issues with it for all these yrs. as for the enhancer capability, there's no (un)official tool for it but, as i mentioned above, "It is also possible to create specific lists of traces to be cleaned for unsupported applications."

here's the link to version history:
    https://forum.r-tt.com/viewtopic.php?t=8141

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

R-Wipe & Clean 20.0.2303 (Jan 22, 2021)

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

R-Wipe continues to be a consistent cleanup routine on my systems as well as PrivaZer.

With both routines the system is flushed of laying around gunk that serves no useful purpose but take up space.

Kinda like old paperwork and opened envelopes stacking up that gets run thru the shredder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.