Quota settings not taking effect

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ryanv, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanv

ryanv Registered Member

I'm using True Image Enterprise 9.1 ( 3718 ) and I set my backup location and quota settings but after a while I have to manually remove old backups because True Image doesn't operate on the cycle I set up. I'm imaging 9 servers daily to a storage server with a 700gb raid array but it fills up at least once a month. Basically I want daily incremental backups from the first full backup and the cycle should repeat on a two week cycle and overwrite the old images as each new one is made.

here's my setup:
    Backup Location:
    Maximum stoarage period (days): 14

Default Quotas and Time Limits:
    Maximum number of backups in a location: 14
    Maximum number of backups in an archive: 14
    Maximum storage period (days): 14

I've used this setup in earlier builds with the same lack of effect.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the backup server didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ryanv,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that in this case you should set "Maximum number of incremental backups for each full backup" value to 13, "Maximum number of backups in a location" value to 14, "Maximum storage period (days)" value to 14 for the needed Backup Location via Set up Administrator profiles -> Edit. And use scheduled task with daily execution to store image archive to this Backup Location.

I would also recommend that you download and install latest build (3832) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please also be aware that you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.