QuickLaunch toolbar prob...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I am having a slight glitch with the Windows taskbar (In specific, the QuickLaunch bar) It never saves the settings, for instance, I only have 2 shortcuts on it (Show Desktop, and Firefox) however, it keeps a space there for 3 (I like having as much taskbar space as possible, so this is quite annoying to me.) so I tried numerous things, turning it off, logging off, and logging back on, comes back even after its turned off, I tried removing all the shortcuts, and putting them back, same thing happens, so, any idea how to fix this? As no window settings, or taskbar settings are being saved for some reason.

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

On XP Pro, you can right click the taskbar and from the pop up menu, uncheck lock the taskbar. You can then adjust the width of the Quick Launch bar. When done, right click and lock it again.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Guess it would of helped if I specificed my OS, I am running on Windows 2000 Pro, no such setting as that. I wish there was.

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Sorry I don't have access to any W2K systems ATM.

Anybody else??

5. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Hmm, this is really odd, I've tried everything short of reinstalling windows to fix it (isn't worth reinstalling windows.. Its just rather annoying) everything runs very good on this syetm, for being how dated it is, anyways, does anyone have a solution to the prob I posted? (Maybe someone knows where the taskbar settings are stored at in the registry?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.