Quick Suite Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tomstoy, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomstoy

Tomstoy Registered Member

Hello,

I am currently using Comodo along with A2 Squared (paid version of A2).

I am looking to perhaps move up into a complete suite of components. My two choices, at least so far, are:

NIS 2009 or Zone Alarm Security Suite.

Both run between $29 and $49 and both will cover up to 3 computers.

Will either of these be considerably better than the Comodo/A2 combo? Or should I stay with what I have?

Thanks

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Both would be better than what you are currently using. If I had to make a choice I'd go with NIS 2009.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

tbh, Comodo with D+ and A2 runnign real-time. no neither of those suites can compete with that, first of all because neither of those suites have a HIPS or at least one as good as comodo's and A2 does have FP's but it is very good at prevention. i would not get rid of those 2 apps for either of the suites mentioned.

4. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

Also Avira could be a very good solution, but the Suite costs 39€, that means 56$..

The AV of Comodo isn't good, so I suggest you to change at least the AV, with KAV/NAV/Avira or another one. If you want a free AV, the best one imho is Avira ;)

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

Avira suite is good, as long as you dont mind having a firewall that isnt the best, but good enough, basically if you want a firewall that can do its job good enough without annoying you and slowing you down.

6. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

I edited the post ;)

Imho the best thing'd probably be to leave Comodo on the PC, and change only the AV.

Suites have usually a good AV, but a bad firewall and no HIPS

7. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hi;

I have paid subscriptions to both and prefer NIS 2009.
    It's my opinion that as of now, NIS 2009 offers better overall protection and uses less system resources although I find negligible slow down with either.

My first choice of any security suite that I have actually used would be Avira's which for about $58.00 offers a year of protection for three computers.
    While this is more than your stated maximum, I believe it might be worth considering.

My second choice; NIS 2009.

Third; Kaspersky.

-Just a thought;
    Why not consider NAV or Avira Premium AV with the free Comodo FW ?

8. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

IMO I would not giveup comodo w D+ for NIS or ZA but perhaps add Norton antivirus.No comments on A2 have No experience with it.

9. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Norton has friendly firewall.In fact i'll go beyond and say i consider it a tech masterpiece.At least when i tried the suite 1 month ago i could play games ,use strong dc ,utorrent ,share printers all on auto mode without a single pop-up.Other vendors will learn from this i hope.
    If u want to harden the rules you can configure them manually,or enable advanced program control or something like that :) ,kind of a limited HIPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.