Quick Snoopfree Question

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Huwge, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Hi,
    Trialling Snoopfree. It alerts me that the latest Kerio FW has the ability to log keystrokes. Is this a false positive ?

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

I've been using Snoopfree for months now and have never gotten a false positive. This doesn't really answer your question but may shed some light on what I believe to the effectiveness of this product.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Huwge,

I have found that by using the sysinternals.com program for LoadOrder that SnoopFree loads first before anything else in the system - so, it is very agressive in placing itself in a position to monitor the things it does.

Its a good question, since its primary purpose is to monitor certain hooking areas of the kernel (I think) - I'm not sure it is only key logging area(s). It may be a false positive where it could be that the Kerio FW is hooking the kernel much like a lot of other system oriented programs and not specifically the area for logging key strokes.

You could email the author at the website contact and ask about it to know for sure what he thinks.

-- Tom

4. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Had to ditch Snoopfree. Causes System to hang with one my online games. Any suggestions of something similar to complement OA NOD32 MSAS and Kerio?

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I think this was just ok...I also use SnoopFree Privacy Shield and I just allow it. As long as the program/s are trusted its just ok. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.