Quick seagate discwizard question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by argus tuft, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Hi all, following my thread about free imaging software, I have installed seagate discwizard, which is a "diminished" version of acronis, without the scheduled backups, incremental backups, and so on.

When I installed it, it registered the service schedul2.exe, and added discwizardmonitor.exe, timountermonitor.exe, and schedhlp.exe to startup.

I can't see any need for any of these myself, what do you think?

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I also have a Seagate External Harddisk and its "Disc Utility CD" contains :

1. BounceBack Express : backup software and documentation
    2. Window 98 drivers (LOL)
    3. DiscWizard software.

I never used them and I wasn't even curious to try them.

I wonder why they always write "Disc", I read most of the time "Disk" at Wilders. Diskette or discette ? Erik or Eric ?

3. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

I think it might be a Europe vs US thing, with "disc" being the european one, and "disk" being the Namerican?

I've always spelt it "disc" myself... (being an Aussie, I'm more aligned with the British way of doing things... ie a billion is a million million, rather than a thousand million...)

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes, that is a plausible explanation, like neighbour and neighbor. LOL

5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I'm from Holland,Erik from Belgium but speaking same language and even then there are as many differences as there are similarities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.