Quick Question...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I recently got a newer PC, (I'm in the midst of transfrring my files, and security programs over, right now) I also received a Logitech "Track-man Marble Wheel" Its a mouse/pointing device, now, standard Windows drivers will make it work, but, I am wondering, as I've read some posts on here, does Logitech package Spyware with there Software/Hardware? Is it safe to install Logitechs driver? Or should I just stick with the standard Win98SE driver for it?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

After hearing about all the trouble some people have had installing these "drivers", spyware or not, I say that if it works with the default drivers then don't install anything.

The problem is that often times these so called "drivers" are like 12MB or 20MB software kits off CDs... A true driver is usually a few KB not MB.

Whether these things are actually spyware isn't so much what concerns me as just what the heck "bonus-ware" they are installing when all you want is for your mouse to work. :doubt:

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Yeah, it works fine without the Logitech drivers, I thought it was a bit odd, when I saw how big these alleged "drivers" were.

4. root

root Registered Member

I have a Logitec cordlesss optical mouse and after I set it up I installed the software. Found out the auto-scroll function was not as smooth as M$ drivers were, so I uninstalled the Logitec software. Lost the cursor. Rebooted, no cursor. I actually had to restore an image to get my mouse working again.
    Downloaded new drivers to check them out and basically went thru the same process again. Logitec mice are fine but their drivers are bad news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.